World Telekinesis Competition
The World Telekinesis Competition is a forum for speculative action--an organized tournament event in which teams from around the world engage in psychic competition to remotely influence the behavior of a candle. Matches are played by lighting a candle at the centre of the official game board, at an agreed-upon time, signaling the beginning of the game. A match lasts for one hour, or until the game candle is extinguished, whichever comes first. The object of the game is to have the wax from the candle drip onto the opposing team's side of the game board. This objective is to be accomplished by remote telekinetic influence. The winning team will be awarded the World Telekinesis Competition trophy, and bragging rights.
- 2021 WTC (pandemic relief tournament) hosted by Noxious Sector Arts Collective, Victoria & Seattle, 2021 (Winners: A^^>>>TAO<<<^^A)
- 2012 World Telekinesis Competition @ Noxious Sector Projects, Seattle, June 2012 (Winners: London United Psychic Club)
- 2011 World Telekinesis Competition @ Noxious Sector Projects, Seattle, June 2011 (Winners: The Mind Vice)
- 2010 World Telekinesis Competition @ Center for Serious Play, University of Washington Bothell, June 2010 (Winners: The Weldermen)
- 2009 World Telekinesis Competition @ Ministry of Casual Living, Victoria, June 2009 (Winners: The Center for Paraspeculative Study)
- 2008 World Telekinesis Competition @ Deluge Contemporary Art, Victoria, May 2008 (Winners: The Discriminating Gentlemen's Club)